Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mini Vacation

So I didn't cook or bake anything and I didn't make anything crafty or cute but I still feel that a blog post is worthy. I took an entire weekend off!!! It was so marvelous and wonderful to not have to stress about fitting in non stop work with a massive amount of homework. Brent and I both took the weekend off and planned a mini vacation with our awesome friends down south Kaycie and Brad. This was a huge deal for us because it was the first full weekend off Brent and I both have had since Punta Cana, and really that doesn't count because the day after I got home I worked that Sunday so really we just had the week off. Either way the little break was so needed and such a good time! This weekend has been in the making for close to two months because Brad (who hasn't taken a weekend off in 51 weeks!!!!) needed a lot of time to plan. Kaycie and I decided awhile back Put in Bay and Cedar Point sounded like perfect adventures to fill in our weekend. Let me start by saying it was THE perfect weekend for both of these things! The weekend was a little breezy, but definitely not cold and was perfect in the sunshine. It was a nice break after the three straight days of 90 degree weather we had. With summer being over and kids being back in school both PIB and Cedar Point were deserted. It was fabulous. Every once in awhile I feel adventurous enough to handle PIB during busy season, but not having to wait forever for a drink, getting drinks spilled on me, and actually being able to walk without having to dodge around people was great. We rented bikes, visited the wineries, ate ice cream, and just enjoyed vacation. I have been battling a sinus infection for a solid week now so I took the weekend on pretty cautiously and slow. Cedar Point on Sunday had barely any wait at all for any ride including the Maverick and Gatekeeper. The longest we waited for any ride was probably 20 minutes. We walked right on to the Gatekeeper, got off, and walked right by on--which was actually a terrible idea and made both Kaycie and I nauseous. Halloweekends opened this weekend, but unfortunately they don't do the fun stuff on Sundays because they close at 8. Either way it was a perfect weekend filled with relaxation, friends, laughter and fun. EXACTLY what we all needed!










--for now XO

No comments:

Post a Comment